Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yes, it really is that cold out

We're not making it up. Here's a picture of the clock & thermometer in my car last night. It is a bit blurry because my hands were so frozen that I didn't get a chance to take a good pic! Even though it was it was 3 degrees, I know with the wind chill, it had to have been much colder!


My little car is great, but it doesn't fully heat up before I get to most places I'm going. Last night when Minnie and I went to Adam & Jill's, I was sure to bring an blanket to wrap around us on the drive over and home.

Today I went up to school to get some work on done on my kids' grades. I would have stayed longer if it were warmer inside. We keep getting e-mails from the district talking about ways we need to save money (like shutting off lights and computers over the weekend) and I think they cranked the heat down to save some money over break.

After working for a few hours, I went over to check on little Ellen and watch her so Molly could get a nappy in. Molly said that after Ellen's appointment this morning (she's now 7 pounds, 2 ounces) she was up most of the day and she was being a pill! I rushed over to try and help out. Both Mom and baby slept for about 2 hours, which was really nice. I delayed leaving because I didn't want to go back in the cold AND I didn't want to leave Miss Ellen.


I'm finally back home after a long day and Minnie and I are curled up on the couch again. It's too cold to go for much of a walk outside, so we are getting a bit of cabin fever. Oh well, it looks like it might snow again tomorrow and then finally warm up a bit!

Pin It!

No comments: