Sunday, January 16, 2011

What an improvement!

I've been a shopper at Kohl's for quite a few years. They always seem to be having "The BIGGEST Sale Ever", and I can find great deals. As a teacher, I need to find nice-looking clothes, that don't cost a fortune, and can be both trendy and classic.

I have a Kohl's credit card, although I probably got it later than I should have. I think I must have waited until a back-to-school shopping spree to get the giant percent discount off my total.

They have a big clothes section in addition to great home goods, kitchen supplies, cute baby clothes (perfect for gifts!), jewelry, perfume and more! I don't typically shop in the purse or shoes section. I know, I know ... that's probably shocking, but I am picky.

In the past, I've been frustrated by sifting through racks & racks of clothes and I don't think the sale racks are as organized as they are at Target. The dressing rooms were always a giant mess! The doors hung off hinges or didn't close. The floors were cluttered with hangers, trash, and a pile of clothes. YUCK!


I went to Kohl's this past week on a snow day to look for a way to spend a gift card I got for Christmas (thanks, Ann!). I knew my local Kohl's was going through some construction on the outside of the building over the last few months, but I don't know that it had changed on the inside, too. Most of the time, I shop at the 119th & Metcalf store. I was SO impressed! They rearranged the layout of the store and things seemed to be easier to locate. THEN, when I was ready to try on clothes, I found myself in a brand-new dressing room. The outside had nice husband/boyfriend/son lounging benches, and artwork on the walls. The dressing rooms were BIG and nicely designed and CLEAN! The new wood floors, leather benches and 3-way mirrors are a nice addition.


One of my pet-peeves about dressing rooms is when there aren't enough racks, hooks or places to hang the clothes you want to try on. I bet department stores hate when their slatted doors are all scratched up, but that is what happens when you don't have enough hooks inside the room, and your customers will instead hook hangers through the door slats.

Kohl's has now fixed this problem with a large hanging bar (see the above picture) and then 3 hooks on the wall that are labeled. "Love it", "Like it", and "Back on the rack". What a GREAT idea! Don't most women make these piles on their own when trying on clothes? Now half the work is done for you? All you have to do is try on endless amounts of jeans and swim suits! :)

For those that are wondering, I spent my gift card on that brown sweater on the left, the gray one in the middle, 2 cards, 2 baby/kid gifts, some new pj's, and a bottle of perfume for myself. Not too bad! Go visit, trying on clothes will actually be enjoyable!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I agree, I have alwys appreciated Kohls, and was willing to dig through the massive disorganization to find a good deal, but with the new renovations, it's even more appealing! I also like that they have stopped asking customers to re-rack the clothes if they don't work out. I think that was a problem, as no one EVER did that.

Did you know that Kohl's has been one of the only major 'department' stores to actually see lots of growth over the last few years in our economy whereas many of the others like macy's or JCPenney's has seen a decline? Supposedly it's because they are NOT putting themselves in malls, but being more strategic about their locations. Interesting!

I bet you are getting some great use out of the PJs with all of these snow days! Hooray!