Sunday, October 24, 2010

My favorite time of year ... ???

Dad informed me today that I hadn't updated since last Sunday. I've been super busy, but not a ton to share on the blog.


It's my favorite time of year; I love the cool weather, the changing leaves, the fact that my kids are well "trained" after 9+ weeks together, and there are lots of fun things to do in town.

What I don't love is the end of first quarter; report cards are always the most difficult to fill out the first time around. The craziness that comes with the Halloween party is enough to drive you nuts. The soda machine in the lounge wasn't taking my money Friday on party day. Thank goodness Mitzi saved me with a Diet Dr. Pepper she had stashed away. Parent/Teacher conferences are this week. It will mean two 12+ hour days Monday & Tuesday, kids Monday-Wednesday and then Thursday off with kids to have conferences. I have 28 booked this year. It's going to be a wild week, but I'm excited to share all the great things I'm seeing with parents, and thrilled that we can start to make some changes after the parents see the things that are worrying me.

Friday will be a vacation day to reward us for working two nights this week. I hope to work hard this week so that I can really enjoy the day off & attempt to keep that day work-free! Keep checking back for more updates ... and make sure you're checking the daily photo blog. I've been successful in keeping updated, and I'm proud of that fact!

Pin It!

No comments: