Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

If only today weren't so chilly and windy ... it would have been a pretty perfect day!

For Mother's Day, we met at Mom & Dad's house. Then the girls went to Suburban Lawn & Garden to pick out some herbs for Mom. Then we ran by Dean & Deluca for some sides for our dinner.

We got back to the house, planted Mom's herbs ... and then just hung out for a while. Mom read outside in the sun; Erik read the paper; I played with Minnie and read magazines; Molly worked in the kitchen and read; Dad worked on the computer.

We had a great dinner that ended with s'mores made on the grill! Then we ended the evening by playing some Mexican Train Dominoes! If you haven't played before ... you need to! It's lots of fun, and you can catch on quickly. The game also can change completely just with one round of the game. I was losing horribly, and then I won the last round, and ended up having the best score at the end.

This picture isn't from our game tonight ... but this was one of my best wins a few years ago! I laid all my dominoes down on my first turn and caught everyone off guard with all those points in their hands!

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there! Thanks for all you do for your children!

Thanks, Mom! I love you!!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you too! It was just about the most perfect Mother's Day ever. Th best gift is to have you all gathered in my nest and hear you laugh together. Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna love picking out those new shoes too.