Friday, June 27, 2008

Etsy Favorites ... back with a bang!

I know it's been FOR-EV-ER since I did Etsy Favorites! It's also been forever since I've posted new items on my Etsy page. Today I'm doing both.

This is how I figured out how to post my new magnet gift set with the perfect name.

Dials Mom at work: "Hey Mom. You know that one painting that has black and white lines on it and some red and yellow?" [Don't you like my super vague description?]

Mom:
"Yes ... and?"

Me: "I've been googling 'contemporary art + famous + black and white' for about 15 minutes and I can't figure it out."

Mom: "You want Mondrian. What for?"Me: "I have this new set of magnets to sell on Etsy and they look like they are Mondrian-inspired! Thanks, Mom!"

Mom: "No problem. Aren't you glad you have me around?"

So ... here they are!

These magnets were made from some vintage earrings that Jill scored for me from her grandmother's massive collection of clip-ons! Aren't they great looking?

I think this little girl's skirt is fantastic! It is handmade (of course ... it's on Etsy) and looks super comfy! Mitzi was amazed that someone had made it to sell on Etsy when I showed her how cute it was! She must not be browsing on Etsy for hours like I am!
This is the plate that goes with a whole Mondrian-inspired plate and coaster set. I think this makes the perfect gift for a house-warming present, wedding present, or gift for yourself!

This tile mirror is the perfect thing to add some color to any room in your house! It is so detailed and beautiful AND a perfect size: 9.5" X 12.5".

For a girl who LOVES big, bright rings ... this one caught my eye! The artist calls it Mondrian in 3D. This ring could also have fit in my KU-inspired Etsy Favorites a few months ago!

Last, but certainly not least is this handwoven, beaded cuff. The artist had another bracelet that was Mondrian-inspired, but I thought the colors of this one were beautiful!

As always ... feel free to let me know if you see something of mine that you would like in a different size or color. AND ... go browse around on Etsy! It's always nice to help local artisans out!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Amber Leilani said...

hi bets,
thanks for including my mondrian cuff!!
you have an awesome blog and i am totally digging your very own mondrian magnets.
will be checking in regularly to see what other great finds you can point me toward!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Really cool post. I love all the things you found in the same colors.

SarahKelley said...

Awesome post! Love amber's stuff!

MyFairLadyVT4 said...

Love the Post. That bracelet is to die for.

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Love the way the same point of inspiration results in so many varied forms of art. I've drooled over Amber's cuffs for months now :)

Bets said...

WOW! Look at all these comments. I went out to dinner for a few hours and came home to find all of you! I've love to know how you found your way here. It's so interesting when I find out that people other than my family are actually reading!

Anonymous said...

Great blog and thanks for including my skirt. You made my day!