Sunday, June 8, 2008

What a busy and fun day!

Molly and I woke up early (I even set my alarm) to be up and at 'em when Jill and Adam stopped by for a bit of plant sharing. By the time they left, it was work time for Molly and me. She trimmed the majority of their plants in the front yard (the back yard was too big to tackle today) and I weeded, and picked up her fallen leaves and branches. We worked for about 3 hours. It was hot and just started to cool down when we went in for lunch.

Erik got home from Lawrence and ran out to get us lunch and then we spent some quality time on the couch in front of the TV cooling off and resting. Then, it was back to work for me. I painted the "work-out" room in their basement. I only got one coat done, but it already looks a million times better (even if Molly says she can't tell a difference). I do have pictures, but have to get to some wireless internet to post them.

After that, I bathed Minners and we all got ready to go have dinner with some family friends. It was so much fun to see them, and Courtney brought her cute-as-a-button daughter in town with her so we could meet her and play around. It took little M.C. a few hours to warm up to us, but by the end of the evening she was showing me how she could do somersaults and how she could throw rocks into the back of her trucks! :) Courtney teaches Creative Adventure classes out of her backyard back home in California, so it was so much fun to swap stories and hear about all the fun things she does with her kiddos!

After that wonderful dinner and catching up, it was time to meet friends at Johnny's in Corinth for a few drinks. What a great night to sit on the patio and have a few beers!

Off to bed, finally, so I can sleep in tomorrow and get ready for a busy week ahead of me! Hope everyone has had a great weekend, too!

Pin It!

No comments: