Sunday, June 29, 2008

What to do ... what to do?

Today was an interesting day! Maybe because I haven't even been awake for 12 hours. Yes, you read that right. I woke up around 11:00 this morning after a BIG night out for Amy's Bachelorette Party. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Anyhoo, I woke up to Molly emptying the living room here. All last week, M & E had tilers working in the bathrooms upstairs. It was not fun to try and calm Minners down from the workmen running up and down the stairs every 5 minutes; dodge tile pieces, dust and dirt falling from the ceiling; and move our stuff in and out of the bathroom every day. Well, this week will be the a totally different construction experience. Workmen will be here the majority of the week tearing down the ceiling in the living room (and under the bathroom that had the leak) to put up a new one. Erik's brothers came over to help empty all the furniture out of the room, and we also covered the carpet with that sticky plastic roll stuff. (I have pictures to share of this, too!)

What this means is the following: no couch and chairs to sit on; no "usual" meal time set-up (on laps in living room); no play place for Minners & me (she's at grandma's and grandpa's for now); NO TV or DVR!

We've only been without the TV for about 8 hours and I'm already going crazy! And today we even tried to be gone and run errands! I don't tutor this week, so this is the only week this summer that I have nothing to do and nowhere to be! Blech!

So now ... it's time for me to find stuff to do. I think I'll try and get some old magazines read and then recycled. I'll also try and get some more stuff posted on Etsy. Maybe go work at my "home office", Panera, a few days. Go to the pool. Read. Be bored!

Anyone have ideas???

Pin It!

4 comments:

chitknit said...

Ahhh, MAN! I can't wait to hear about Amy's party.

Um, I know of a house in Shawnee where there'll be tons of painting going on this week...

;-)

34th Stater said...

After you paint that house in Shawnee I know of a house in Overland Park with a basement that still needs a cleaning.

Anonymous said...

Oooh. And I know a house in Roeland Park that is overflowing with wedding gifts that need to be unpacked. Looks like you have plenty of options to keep you busy!

Amy

Anonymous said...

You can always come to Ohio to hang out with me!!!! I too have lots of presents to unpack but that would be no fun. You missed putting together the programs, so perhaps we can just go to the pool!
J :)