Friday, June 25, 2010

Yummy lunch or snack!

I actually planned on making certain recipes when I went to the grocery store last week. It makes my shopping so much easier, but when I get home, I actually have to set aside time to make said recipes.

This time it was Tiny Tuna Melts. I LOVE a good tuna melt, and love tiny foods ... so what's not to like? These were so easy, those of you with kids could have them help!

Gather the following ingredients:
* 1 can (3 ounces) of tuna, drained
* 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
* 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (I only had the fake stuff)
* coarse salt & ground pepper
* small crackers (melba toast, wheat thins, etc.)
* 1/4 cup shredded cheddar


Step 1:
Stir together can of tuna, mayo, lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper.

Step 2:
Heat broiler of toaster oven (or oven). On a foil-lined baking sheet, arrange 16 small crackers. Top with tuna mixture and cheese.


Step 3:
Broil until cheese has melted, 2-3 minutes. Serves 2.


YUMMY! Enjoy!

Pin It!

No comments: