Sunday, February 1, 2009

You wanna know about me?

A bunch of my friends who blog were posting in response to the blog "tagging" that was going around. You are supposed to write 6 things about you that others may not know about. Both Jill and Heather tagged me and Mitzi and Kat posted their unknown facts. At the time that I was tagged, I couldn't come up with 6 things about me.

Lately on Facebook, a bunch of my friends have been doing the same thing, but this time it was 25 random facts about yourself. Well, last night, I finally sat down and came up with my 25. I thought this would make up for not completing the post from earlier this year.

Here they are for those of you that aren't on Facebook with me!

In no particular order:

1. I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies. Have zero desire to see any of them.

2. I realized last night that one of my biggest pet peeves is having to shop for anything (groceries, shoes, clothes, random crap) with a coat on. If I have a shopping cart, then that is a bit better since I can take it off and not have to hold it.

3. I would eat ice cream for every meal, every day if it didn't make my ass grow exponentially larger. The only flavors I don't like are anything that tastes even a little bit like coffee. I'm not fooled easily by tiramisu or mocha flavors ... they have coffee taste in them, too!

4. The only award I've ever won was a pretty big one. I went to summer camp for 7 summers in Texas. At the end of every summer, they give an award to the camper that lives up to the camps "ideals". Well, this little girl from Overland Park won it my last year. It's called the Ideal Waldemar Girl award. Was a big deal for the day I got it and once you get back to Kansas, it has lost it's meaning :)

5. I have "totaled" two cars from hydroplaning. Once the first week of college and the second time about 4 summers later in Kansas City.

6. I would stay at my job forever if I didn't have to leave for family OR getting the boot from my job. My building staff seems more like a family than a bunch of colleagues.

7. My favorite place to be in the entire world is on top of the Duomo in Florence, Italy. The views are amazing!!

8. I only want daughters. Not really, but I'm such a girlie, girl ... that I get excited about being able to buy ruffly & pink baby clothes. I've already decided that because I only want daughters, and two of them ... I'll get 2 boys and then "try" for a girl and get another boy! :)

9. Since I graduated from KU in 2003, I've moved 7 times: House in Lawrence TO Mom & Dad's TO apartment on Quivira TO Mom & Dad's TO Jenny's TO Molly & Erik's TO my condo!

10. I bought a condo this last summer ALL BY MYSELF! I had a great Realtor (thanks!) and great family & friends (thanks!) to help me talk through all my worries and reassure me that I would find another place when the first condo fell through. BUT ... I'm proud that I did this basically on my own. It was one of the things I've done that I'm proudest of.

11. I know I'm crafty and I think I'm pretty good when it comes to most crafty activities. I do get frustrated though, when I realize that a new skill isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

12. I've lived in Overland Park almost all my life. I have no desire to move.

13. When I used to play M.A.S.H. when I was in elementary school, I always chose a VW Bug as one of my dream cars. Now that I have a Bug, I love it. It has never driven to a place further than Lawrence and my friends say it smells like Crayons. Hmmm ...

14. I HATE putting away laundry. It is my least favorite chore. I would rather just wear all the clean clothes out of the basket until they are all dirty again.

15. I have 20-27 kids each year in my class. It isn't in my contract or my teacher's manuals, but I work hard to teach them manners, how to admit when they've done something wrong and how to be kind to other students that are different than themselves. Teaching those skills is what makes me most proud.

16. I bought Minnie as a 25th birthday present to myself. It was the best thing I've ever done! She's made my life so much better and I love to see her waiting for me to greet her when I walk in the door. [Don't think I'm crazy. Those of you that are dog people will understand.]

17. I became Aunt Betsy on December 3rd of this year. Emilie said it best when she said that "Aunt" was her favorite title so far!

18. I'm almost debt free. Well ... minus the condo I just bought. :) Just a bit more on an old credit card and a little more on my student loans. My goal is to be finished with both by the time the next school year starts in August!

19. I'm TERRIFIED of speaking in front of large groups of people. Yes, I'm a teacher who doesn't like to speak in front of others. Doesn't make sense. The absolute worst possible scenario for me would be if I were forced to do karaoke!

20. I have started 2 blogs in the past 2 years. Please check them out: www.thebetsweekever.blogspot.com AND www.theviewacrosstown.blogspot.com


21. If I weren't a teacher, I would love to be a photographer ... or a professional gift wrapper! :)

22. I've never driven myself to the airport. Thanks, Dad!

23. My haircut = $40. Minnie's haircut = $40. She gets her hair cut more often than I do, sad but true.

24. I used to be obsessed with celebrity gossip. I lived for the day when my US Weekly arrived in my mailbox, and I spent every night catching up on the celeb smut on OhNoTheyDidn't. I don't have time for that anymore ... canceled my US subscription and rarely get on ONTD.

25. I have a damn good memory. I remember exact conversations that I've had with people all the way back to elementary school.


Feel free to share any random facts about yourselves!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Bets said...

Interesting article about this:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2009-02-04-facebook-25random_N.htm