Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dog for sale ...

Ahhhh, yes! Back door open. Sun still shining. Home before 4:30. I might even get to take my sweet dog for a walk.


Uh ... what the hell is that!?!? I that a pillow? It's ripped up? The zipper is crumpled with teeth marks. WHERE.IS.SHE?!?!

There she is ... hiding from me up in the loft. She knows she's in trouble and now things are going to change around here.

Miss Minnie has slowly gained my trust and more freedom in the condo. We first started with her just in my bedroom upstairs.
Then, earlier this year, I came home to her chewing a spot in the carpet right by the baby gate that kept her in my room.
Then, we moved down into the back hall, because that was the only place in my condo that didn't have carpet. That, of course, meant that she was on a hardwood floor and behind a baby gate, again. That lasted a little over a month until I came home one day to find her on THIS side of the gate, with no clues to how she escaped.
Then, I decided that she really was just mad at me and wanted to have the freedom. For over a month, she's had the run of the condo during the day with perfect places to watch the happenings outside AND she could relax on her favorite pillow! She's three years old, surely she's outgrown some or all of her bad puppy behaviors ... right?

GREAT! Things have changed again. She literally pulled on the zipper handle to open this pillow cover and then started chewing up the stuffing inside. What possessed her to do this? I've been home before 5:00 every day since Spring Break. She's going to be really sorry tomorrow when she's back to her kennel :( I'm a grumpy Momma!

Pin It!

6 comments:

The Lunds said...

ooo - she is in trouble. Is the pillow ruined?

Bets said...

The inside is ruined. I pushed the stuffing back in and closed it up. Minnie was SHOCKED when I put in her the lonely, boring kennel for about an hour tonight while I ran errands. She's really gonna hate me tomorrow!

Kathryn said...

I'll take her!! I'm coming to KC this weekend anyway :)

Anonymous said...

Bets: become the pack leader


signed: Cesar Millan

Marie Hooker said...

Gotta show her who is boss. Kennel is best.

Jules said...

I know how you feel! Ainsley ate the couch. Seriously, she ate the couch. Just ask Erin - she was the one to find it that way.....