Sunday, August 24, 2008

Things are coming together ...

... Slowly but surely!

Mom and I ran errands for about 6 hours yesterday trying to get things done. This weekend has literally been the first time I haven't been up at school for the last 2 weeks! It was nice to sleep in and try to get things done.

On my list of things to do: shop for a dryer (mine is broken, so I've been taking laundry to M&D's) and to look for bookshelves. Miss Minners also had to be dropped off and picked up from PetSmart for a grooming appointment! She looks super cute now!

We ran all over town, and got a lot accomplished. My bank account balance is considerably smaller, but I got lots done. Dryer is purchased and will be delivered on Thursday! Bookshelves bought and put together by yours truly! Desk top bought and set up! New shower curtain rod put up and new bathroom towels hung! The list goes on and on!

Here are some pics of how things are starting to look finished around here.

Desk in back bedroom. I got the file cabinets from school, and bought the board to go on the top. Today's project was to cover them with contact paper.

Here's a side view of the contact paper. I still have to figure out what to do with the fronts of them.

This picture is old, but I don't think I shared it. Here are the apothecary jars that I've filled with rices, grains and peas. I love the finished look!

Here is one of the bookshelves I bought yesterday. Putting it together meant that I could finally unpack some of the many boxes of books I had up in the loft. Up until now, I didn't have anywhere for them to go. I saw in a magazine this summer, that someone had arranged the books according to the color on the cover. I loved that idea, so I did it this morning, and I really like the way it turned out!

Here is the beautiful, hand-painted couch that Aunt Susan & Cindy brought up from Wichita last weekend for me. It was quite the task to get it up the stairs to my condo and then up the stairs inside to set it up in the loft! Once it gets a bit cooler, the afternoon sun will be pleasant in the loft, and not steamy! This can be my new hang-out spot.

Here's the other bookshelf I put together. Not quite sure where it will go yet. The one thing I know for sure is that I've got plenty of books to fill it up!

Here is one part of my place that is finally done! You can't tell very well from this picture, but I painted my bathroom PINK! I was a bit apprehensive about it at first, but it is growing on me. My bathroom is so small, that it isn't overwhelming at all.

And here's the other bathroom that is completely done! I really love it. This was the first painting project and I finally got some towels and things hung on the walls.

It feels really nice to have some things start to come together. One of these days, I'll feel like my home is presentable and I can have some people over to celebrate! :)

Pin It!

1 comment:

Heather rules said...

Your condo is looking great!