Sunday, September 14, 2008

Etsy Favorites - Rock Chalk!

Yes, it's been a long time since I made new things for Etsy. Yes, it's been forever since I put new things up on my page on Etsy. Yes, it's been a long time since I blogged about Etsy.

Yes, I've finally done all three! This weekend I got an itch to make some new earrings. It is always tough to come up with a good ideas for a bead combination that I like. It suddenly came to me as I was pulling all my beads out: make some earrings that are college color combos! I know that I always have a hard time finding cute, fashionable ways to show my KU pride. Most earrings that are out there are giant Jayhawks, and sometimes I just don't want to have a bird on my ear. You know?

So here are my new earrings that I made to solve this problem. In the coming days/weeks I'll be posting more earrings, so keep checking back. I even swallowed my pride and made some for the K-State/Mizzou fans ... are there any of you out there?

I like these earrings I made because they are great for going to a game or going to a game-watching party ... but they also can be worn on any plain old day!

This domino necklace is so much fun! I think the variety in beads makes the necklace not so serious. The artist makes lots of chunky jewelry that is very popular right now.

I don't know much about felting, but I know that it takes a lot of practice and skill! When I saw this felted Jayhawk bead, I was amazed! The artist is a Lawrence girl, so she definitely knows her Jayhawks, too!

This listing is actually just for one lampwork bead, but I wanted to show you the variety of what the artist makes. She makes these beads that fit on Troll & Pandora charm bracelets for those of you that are collectors.

As always ... feel free to let me know if you see something of mine that you would like in a different size or color. AND ... go browse around on Etsy! It's always nice to help local artisans out!

Pin It!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were so crafty there Martha Stewart -- these are so cute!!

Love the blog! I LUV LUV LUV blogs!

Kathryn said...

I didn't see the KSU jewerly. Are you hiding it or did it sell out already?

Anonymous said...

Jewelry for MU? How about black and gold handcuffs?