Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's almost wedding time again

This summer was very busy with weddings and showers. It was overwhelming at times, but also a lot of fun since I got to see my friends that I don't normally see that often.

This weekend was the start of more wedding events. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in two of my best friends' weddings this October. The 11th & the 18th to be exact, so the countdown is officially on now. The girls came in town for a shower for Megan (this morning) and I also got to go to a shower for my friend Kyle and his bride-to-be, Annie, last night!

Here are a few pics from today's shower. The only this missing was Becca. She was out of town shooting some fancy schmancy wedding. We missed you, Bec!!!

Here are the 5 of us at the "kids table" in the kitchen while the moms sat in the dining room. From left to right: Julie, Emilie, the bride - Megan, Kristin and me.

Here is Meg getting ready to open her presents. We had a "personal" shower which is always fun. I love getting to go to girlie showers with my girls!

And here we are outside (the weather was BEAUTIFUL this weekend) playing our shower game. We were preparing Megan for possible worst case wedding scenarios. Example: Would you rather have no make-up for the ceremony OR have your hair fall out? Would you rather have no hotel reservation on your honeymoon OR have your bed infested with bed bugs? Would you rather have rain on your wedding day OR rain on the honeymoon! You can see the range of reactions to some of the scenarios in this picture! Megan was very calm in her answers. It was nice to see that she knows that a lot of things are out of your control when it comes to your wedding day. Really ... does it matter? Probably not!

I had fun this weekend getting to catch up a little with the girls and getting to show off my pad to most of them. Miss you girls every time you leave and can't wait to see you the next time you are back!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a blast seeing you, too! Can't wait for October. Love your new home...so "Betsy!" Love, J :)

Anonymous said...

Didn't we have fun! Weddings bring out the fun/best in everyone.