Saturday, March 14, 2009

One of Minnie's favorite field trips

I don't know how she does it, how she knows where we're going ... but as soon as we pull off the 75th Street exit from 69-Highway, Minnie starts panting & standing up to look out the windows. She KNOWS that we are heading towards Aunt Jilly & Uncle Adam's house.

I don't think it's all about visiting her friend, Gracie, but I bet she thinks that one of these days Gracie will actually come out to play. {Keep dreaming, Minners!}


When we turn on one of the back streets to get to their house, she really knows where we're headed and starts with her high-pitched squealing! She is quite obnoxious! Adam & Jill are nice enough to put a water bowl out for Minnie & they don't mind (or at least don't say anything if they do) when she climbs on the back of their couches like a cat.

Today we got there and Jill heard Minnie crying when we were still in the car out in the driveway. She actually tried to jump out of the window I had cracked open about 6 inches. She was so excited that she could barely wait for me to open the car door.



Minnie DID, however, get into a little bit of trouble with Aunt Jilly today. You can tell that she knows she's in trouble because her ears lay back against her head. Minnie likes to jump around from couch to couch at their house and today she continually jumped OVER Jilly's fancy Apple laptop. She hasn't quite figured out that computers are expensive & we stay away from them!

Part of the reason that she was jumping around was because Minnie's boyfriend, Adam wasn't at home yet. She ran in the house to look for him, and he was nowhere to be found! :( Then, he called to say that he was on his way home. We said to her, "Adam is coming home. Where is he?" and she promptly sat on the back of the couch again to watch out the picture window for him to pull in the driveway.

Below is the greeting she gives him EVERY.TIME.SHE.SEES.HIM. I don't even get a greeting like this! Yes, I know the video is sideways. I can't figure out how to turn it, so if anyone knows, let me know. I tried Windows Movie Maker, but Blogger won't upload those videos. You'll just have to turn your head this time to watch!


I hope you all enjoyed your Saturdays, too! This is the beginning of my Spring Break (woo hoo!) and so far, it's off to a great start!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Minnie is such a sweet dog!! That's what I want for our next dog.

34th Stater said...

Does she get this excited to see her real relatives? I think not.