Friday, August 15, 2008

Just wait until you see the transformation!

This is what my new room looked like when I got back into school about 2 weeks ago. As you know from previous posts, the construction made learning, teaching and just being difficult last school year. The packing-up process at the end of the year was very chaotic!

I think it's all paid off! The new building is beautiful, and the 4th grade team is lucky because we get to be in the new addition.



We got into the school and found that there was still lots to be done construction-wise, and even today (2 days before school starts) there are still lots of things to be fixed. We are short desks and chairs, we continue to get new kids each day, we are looking for boxes and text books, we don't have working phones and/or computers, the new copiers and printers are causing issues. I know it will all come together ... it just takes time.

I've been taking more pictures of my room along the way. I don't think non-teachers know how much time and effort it takes to get ready for the beginning of the school year. So much so, that I'm missing out on Megan's fun Bachelorette party this weekend in Chicago! I'll miss you girls ... have fun without me!

I'll be back up at school tomorrow to continue getting things put away and labeled. As for the rest of my really exciting Friday night? I'll be writing students' names on name tags and working on getting my bathroom painted! Woo Hoo!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Very nice!! As a non teacher married to a teacher, yeah, it's a real eye opener about what you have to do to get the room ready. It's like moving in all over again.