Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's days like these ...

... when I wish I had a yard with a fence!

This picture isn't from today, but it's a good example of what Minners likes to do in the cold weather. When we go out for a potty break (her, not me) she likes to do anything BUT do her business! In the mornings, she insists on just sniffing around and looking at me because she knows that I can't leave for work until she does her business.

When there is snow on the ground, she likes to stick her nose down into any holes in the snow (or she'll make her own) and then gets angry when the snow goes up her nose!


When it's windy out like today, Minnie will go CRAZY chasing any leaves or trash that are blowing around. We just went out a few minutes ago because she was scratching at the door to go out. Instead of doing what she was supposed to be doing she did everything but!

The temperature dropped today very quickly. Today's weather stats are a high of 60 degrees and a low of 4 degrees! Right now it is 12 degrees, but feels like -5 degrees due to the 15+ mph winds. Jilly just texted to say that the sleet has started. I've never had a yard for Minnie to go out on her own, but every winter I think of how nice it would be just to put her outside on her own. It is particularly bad in the morning when we go out before work. Off to go out again. Let's hope we can go in and out quickly ... I can hear the sleet hitting my windows, and it doesn't sound too nice out there!

Pin It!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Yea, I'll never live in a house without a fence. It's a must with the pups.

distaff said...

When I went out for the paper this morning, all I could think about what NOT having to walk with Minnie. What a blessing today!

Anonymous said...

What a great pic! Minnie looks like she's having fun!