Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We're back!

And by "we're" I mean "the regulars plus about 15 extra people"!

Tonight was trivia night. Even though it's the end of the school year and about 1/2 of our regular crew are in the middle of selling and closing and buying houses, we all made an effort to go out for trivia tonight. We were celebrating my birthday (today and yes, I'm 27) and Jilly's birthday (Saturday and I won't reveal her age without her "ok").

We invited friends from school, work, and even my family showed up! We started at 4 tables and ended up at just 2. We also were in the lead the entire night, which is always a good feeling! We went into the final wager round with an even 1000 points, wagered 500 and won in the end, even though we weren't sure of our answer.

Final question: What year did this song hit #1 on the Billboard charts? The song was "Keep on Loving You" by REO Speedwagon. You had to first know what the song was and THEN have a friend with a handy, dandy iPhone to look up the answer on wiki! Thanks, Doug! :)

For those of you that want to guess, I'll put the winning answer in the comments! We ended up winning tonight, which got us back in the running for the bar championships. We are in 9th place, which I would say is pretty impressive for only being there for 3 of the 8 weeks in this "round".

Hope everyone is having a great week ... and for those of you that are teachers ... are you as ready for summer as I am?

Pin It!

5 comments:

Bets said...

From wikipedia:
It was one of many REO Speedwagon songs to become a pop hit, reaching the number-one spot for one week in March 1981 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and peaking at number seven in the UK Singles Chart.

Heather rules said...

Cool. I was gonna guess 1983. Now I know.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Bets said...

Thanks, Heather! Have a good rest of the week! :)

34th Stater said...

Of course! 1981. The nurses were playing that in the delivery room when you were born! Hope it was a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh -- that last comment hits home. I don't remember any music in the delivery room. As a matter of fact, I came close to delivering you in a hallway! 1981 was just minutes ago in my mind.