Wednesday, May 28, 2008

From "Tulsa" to "Omaha"

We went to trivia tonight ... and had a blast! We had our gift card from our winnings last week, and we also have NO STUDENTS TOMORROW! Since the majority of us are teachers, this is a HUGE deal!

We won, (are you even surprised) and we even got home early. It was a group of eight of us, and even though I definitely didn't pull my weight tonight, I've been appointed my position as the "Gift Certificate Holder", so that assures me a role in the trivia evenings ... as long as we keep winning!

Because we haven't ever done this well, and haven't ever made it this far in the 10-week season ... I'm not really sure what the next step is. We are currently ranked 9th, which isn't that bad.

Anyhoo ... back to my title. When I used to live out south, we all used to joke that I live in Tulsa. I was about 40 blocks south of the rest of my world (work, friends, parents, trivia, shopping, etc). Now I'm about 40 blocks north of that same world! How things have changed! I called Jill on my drive home and she joked that she thought I might be calling to get directions all the way back to my current home! :) The good news about living where I am is that I have semi-close highway access! That makes driving much faster, easier, and much more gas-efficient! I've only been here for 6 days and I'm already getting 20+ more miles to my tank!

Okay ... off to bed. I've got more classroom stuff to pack tomorrow after packing for close to 6 hours today. I'll post pictures as soon as I can get around some wireless internet! Just wait until you see the mess that is my classroom!

Pin It!

No comments: