Thursday, November 27, 2008

I give thanks

I was going to compile pictures of all the things I'm thankful for today, but I was afraid there would be too many and/or I might leave someone or something out by accident.

This year has been full of ups & downs for me ... but I give thanks for the following:

  • A family that has been very supportive of me this year! Everything from letting Minnie and me move in when we were homeless, to helping me get a new dishwasher for my kitchen! My family helped me with all the highs and lows associated with buying my first home. With my niece on the way ... we have so much more to be thankful for into the next year. Thanks!
  • My friends! My work friends see me almost daily and they are there when we need a laugh to get through a long work-week. My girls from high school are friends I can count on at all times. My college friends are wonderful and we can pick up from where we last left off even though it might have been months since I've seen them. Thanks!
  • Weddings & baby showers! With 10+ weddings this year and 4+ babies on the way ... it shows how many wonderful people want me to be a part of the big events in their life. Thanks for letting me share in your important days ... I couldn't be happier and I wouldn't miss these things for the world! Thanks!
  • My first home! What a crazy ride it has been, but I'm finally in a place I can call home ... and I. Love. It. This condo is the place I was meant to be, and even though it was quite the journey to get here ... it was worth it. Thanks!
  • My job! Now that I'm half-way into my 5th year of teaching, I know this is what I'm meant to be doing. Each year, I'm given a bigger and bigger challenge in my classroom, and it helps me to push myself to be a better teacher. Not every day is fun or easy, but at the end of the year, it's amazing to see all the progress I've helped my students to make. Thanks!
  • Minnie! I'm so thankful that I have her in my life. Those of you that are dog or pet people can probably appreciate a great pet like Minnie. She makes me smile each and every day and teaches me how to be more patient. Thanks!
I hope all of you got to spend time with family & friends today or over the weekend. Thanks for continuing to read after all these posts. I appreciate being able to share my daily comings & goings with all of you! THANKS!

Pin It!

1 comment:

34th Stater said...

As we say at this "shop on-line" time of the year, you can't spell Betsy without Etsy.

Or, as all of your dyslexic students might say, 'There is no Besty without the Best!"