Sunday, November 16, 2008

Should I be embarrassed?

I finally unpacked the last 2 moving boxes that were laying about in my loft.

Yes, I closed on my condo on July 21st.

Yes, today is November 16th.

A 4-month time frame for unpacking isn't bad ... right? Don't get me wrong, I still have PLENTY that needs to be done in the condo before I'm a happy home-owner, but I would say that I've accomplished a lot in 4 months. Unpacking just seemed to be on the bottom of my To Do list!

These are just a few of the projects I got done today!

I emptied out these sets of drawers that used to have desk supplies in them and they now hold all my wrapping presents supplies (bags, ribbon, boxes, gift tags, tissue paper, ribbon). Little known fact about me: if I could make money doing it, I would wrap presents for a career. Anyone want to pay me to wrap all their holiday presents? :)

Yes, the office still looks like a giant mess, but I promise progress has been made. I took all the supplies from the drawers above and organized them in the file cabinet drawers. I still have some piles of things to be filed, but since I don't actually use my laptop at the desk, it doesn't have to be perfect quite yet.

These two 8x10 framed pics of Minnie represent the 400+ photos that I organized and FINALLY put in albums last night. I had them sorted out into events by date (going all the way back to 2006) and they covered the entire floor. I still haven't put the Minnie pictures into albums. I have a puppy "baby book" that I bought a long time ago, but I'm not sure how much effort I want to put into it. That might have to be winter/spring/summer break project. Getting the other pics organized was good enough for now. These two framed pics are hung on the wall right next to Minnie's hall closet that houses all her food, toys, treats, meds, etc.

And the kitchen! I had a giant batch of dirty dishes in the sink that were screaming at me to be washed. I am basically hand-washing most of my dishes since my current DW is worthless. Mom & Dad took me early Christmas shopping yesterday for a new DW that will be delivered after Thanksgiving. Yippee! I also cleaned off all the counters that were covered in crap since before I babysat last week. In the back right corner, I also pulled all my cookbooks down from the cabinet above the micro. I thought that if they were up there, I would never look at them. Maybe if they are out, it will encourage me to do more cooking!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Where did you buy?

And no, it's not inappropriate at all to have boxes packed for four months -- it's all a process. I have a friend who just unpacked her final two boxes at her home she moved into 4 years ago.