Friday, November 28, 2008

Santa came early ...

And he delivered a new dishwasher for me! Yippee! Who knew I could get so excited over appliances?

Here is a sequence of pictures from old to NEW!

Here is my old dinosaur of a dishwasher. It didn't actually clean dishes, which was a tiny problem. I had to wash the dishes first in the sink before I could put them in there. What a waste of time & effort.


Waiting in the hallway to be taken away!


Yikes! It's a good thing that the owners before me put in these nice hardwoods in the kitchen. Can you see the water-stained linoleum under there? I'm just happy I didn't see any little animal friends hiding under there, too!


Ahhhhh! So pretty, huh? This new dishwasher even fits better in the space than the old one did!


Dishwasher racks that actually hold more than 10 plates. The delivery man (okay, he worked for the appliance store, it wasn't really Santa) started a cycle to make sure everything worked. It was nice and quiet. When Kristin came by to visit today, I accidentally started it again, and it took some reading in the manual to figure out how to get it to stop! :)


Thanks, Mom & Dad for my early Christmas present! I can't wait to fill it all up and run it for the first time! No more doing-the-dishes whining from me! :)

Pin It!

3 comments:

chitknit said...

You know you're officially an adult when you get excited about appliances!

Welcome to home ownership!

Anonymous said...

Yay! No more wine glasses that look like boobs!

Amy

Unknown said...

We were smarter than the dishwasher! So fun catching up!