Monday, April 28, 2008

The Teachers' "Lounge"

I love that the place we eat our microwaved lunches, rush to the bathroom, make copies and check our mail ... all in our 25 minute lunch "hour" ... is called a lounge. There is NO lounging done there.

Today, Dad gave me a copy of a book called, 1,003 Great Things About Teachers. I opened it and the first section I came to was about the teachers' lounge.

It is called, "What Do Teachers Do in the Teachers' Lounge? - Real Kids' Answers". Here they are!

  • Go the bathroom and sleep.
  • Take off their shoes.
  • Think of more rules.
  • Chew the gum they take away from you.
  • Practice trash-can basketball.
  • Read kids' notes.
  • Show each other their kids' papers.
  • Play cards and watch TV.
  • Drink wine.
  • Tell each other who has the worst kids.
  • I haven't been inside, but I know they have candy machines in there.
I would agree that a few of these are spot on ... can you guess which ones?

Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is 'post to their blogs' or 'check e-mail'?

Good list!

Anonymous said...

I know that they talk about how bad their kids are, so I would guess show off bad papers and sympathize with other teachers whose kids they know are incorrigible.

Anonymous said...

Wow! check out the ad on your blog today. Whoever heard of waterless urinals?

Beth said...

I really miss the OHE teacher's lounge! It's such a happenin' place. :)