Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Crappy day from 6:15am - 8:15pm. Rockin' day from 8:45pm - 11:15pm

Can we talk about how cold it is today!?!?! Just yesterday I was home early from work so I could take the dogs on a walk and today it is so cold I haven't warmed up yet from my drive home from work!

I had another L O N G day at work. Came home with a few hours of grading to do. Wanted to watch American Idol and only got about 1/2 way through it because Jenny had the GREATEST idea EVER! She called all over town tonight to see where she could buy herself a fun, new game. This fun, new game turned out to also be a fun, semi-new game for me!

Lookie! Jenny liked Guitar Hero so much when she first played last Friday, that she just HAD to go out and get one tonight! Rob gave her the PS2 he had collecting dust at his house, so the extra parts were an easy (for her) purchase to make!

Here I am, super excited that she splurged for the extra wireless guitar so we can play 2 people at once. After seeing this pic, I think I stole a GH-modeling pose from Adam! See if you can tell in the picture how teeny, tiny this 2nd guitar is. For some reason, it is about the size of a ukulele. I don't know why, but I feel like a giant playing with it!

So anyway ... we got in a good 1 1/2 - 2 hours of playing GH tonight. I was about to call in "sick" tomorrow when I learned we were going to be making this purchase tonight. Instead, I'll be a good little employee and work my hiney off at school so I can get home early and get back to practicing. Jenny & I already built a band so we could earn money to buy things. Our band's name is Peanie Minnut. Cute, huh?

Alrighty ... I have only 11 minutes to finish this up. Must get to bed soon, or I'll be the crankiest teacher ever tomorrow!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Seriously. Either Fimmen didn't tell Katie on purpose or Katie is keeping this news from me on purpose. I am on my way over. Don't go to bed!

Bets said...

It was an impulse purchase.
At 8:00pm Jenny said, "I think we should get Guitar Hero!"
At 8:02 I said, "By 'we', do you mean 'you'? And if so ... I'm totally in!"
By 8:30 we were in the car to the Gardner Walmart to make the BIG purchase! Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

Could you please give us a phonetic spelling of the name of the band? I'm just not sure that I can pronounce it correctly.

Bets said...

The name is a combination of the pups' names. Pea nut + Min nie = Peanie Minnut. :)