Wednesday, January 16, 2008

He wants to party all the time, party all the time, party all the tiiiiime!

For those of you that know me well ... you know that I am more than a bit obsessed with celebrity gossip. Lately I've been feeling bad about my obsession, because I think that the paparazzi stuff has gotten WAY OUT OF CONTROL, and I know that I contribute to that.

I can't wait for Friday to come, because I know that means that my US Weekly will be waiting for me in my mailbox. I come home at night to get caught up on my fav celeb smut blog, Oh No They Didn't. I love all things celebrity and like to impress people with how up-to-the-minute my celebrity knowledge is. I even made a celebrity inspired cookie at the Wagner Cookie Decorating Party this year and won the People's Choice Award.

See?


There is a picture from a few years ago that shocked me. It was a picture of Britney and Kevin (love the fact that I can use just first names and everyone knows who I am talking about) on the beach when they first started dating. One of the paps took a picture from behind them and you could see about 30 other photographers about 10 feet away from them. I don't know how celebrities deal with it. I couldn't find that picture, but here is one that is pretty close.



Today I got home and actually saw something that shocked me on Oh No They Didn't. Eddie Murphy and his new bride have ... wait for it ... decided to split! Apparently they lasted from New Year's Eve to Jan. 4th and the news is just now getting out. A 4 day marriage, woo hoo! I laughed out loud.

Who are these celebs kidding? You don't have to get married to prove that you have gotten over your ex. You don't have to get married to make us feel better about your baby bump. You don't have to get married just because you've spent the last 16 years of your life married to 4 other people. It's okay to just be. Look at the great celeb couples like Tim Robbins & Susan Sarandon, Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell, Oprah & Gail, oh wait, I meant Stedman. None of them feel the need to get married, and they are probably better off that way.

Pin It!

6 comments:

chitknit said...

GREAT. Now I'm going to have THAT song in my head all night!

Anonymous said...

ONTD is the best( err second best) blog EVER!

Bets said...

Damn straight, Steve-O! You KNOW that mine is the best blog out there! :)
Ha! I think ONTD beats my 756 page views by just a bit with their 115,208,779 views! :)

Anonymous said...

Aaaaargh! Now there is another blog that I have to look at. I can't decide if they are a huge waste of time or if the small bit of info I capture on occasion is worth the investment. I've mostly decided that the comments are really a time waster .... who cares what I think about what you said?

Bets said...

If this is my not-so-anonymous commenter ... don't stop commenting. Are you talking about your comments on here or on ONTD? I'm confused! And if you are the not-so-anonymous commenter, I know you have a gmail account and can comment with a name. Go on ... you can do it! :)

Anonymous said...

No -- it's another commenter. I've just decided that blogs that draw comments that are mostly rants are stoopid.