Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I am the worst schnoodle mom, EVER!

Just 17 short days ago, I was bragging about how I was the Best Schnoodle Mom for taking Miss Minnie to the dog park twice in one day.

Now it's just the opposite.

I've been trying really hard to get home early from school since Minnie has been by herself in the laundry room while Jenny & Peanut have been gone.

  • Last Friday I had so much work to do that I didn't get home until 7pm. That means she was alone for 12 hours.
  • Monday I was home all day, but then went to Not-so-Xtreme team trivia until 11:30 at night.
  • Last night I didn't get home until 6:00 or so since I had to take Mitzi to the doctor for her foot.
  • Tonight I had a meeting after school and then didn't get home until 6:00.
This would be fine, if Minnie would keep herself busy during the day. The BIG bowl of toys goes completely untouched when we are gone during the day. Her chews don't get picked up until we walk through the door.

Tonight I came in and saw what I thought was Minnie smiling to see me with a chew in her mouth. I went to set my bags down and turn on the lights and came back to see what really happened. She somehow got her collar stuck all the way at the back of her mouth. She had been gagging on her collar for who knows how long and had gnawed away at the buckle and fabric on it. When I finally got it off, she looked very sad.

When I called Mom to tell her about my horrible "mommy" experience she assured me that it was my fault for being a working, single mother who leaves her child home all day and tries to find a way to entertain herself.

Awesome.

Anyone want to start a puppy daycare during the week for all the "kids"!?!?

Here she is with her new Lucky Fiona collar she got for Christmas that is now ruined. :( I'm a sad Mommy.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Bets said...

The BEST-EVER Schnoodle Grandparents just picked up my little lady so she could have a play day at their house tonight and tomorrow!

THANKS! :) Now I don't have to worry about her being home alone tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I just wish you could get these playdates to coincide with warmer weather. It was pretty brutal out there when I walked her three times before 8:00. -- Mom